What is SOLOSEC?
SOLOSEC® (secnidazole) 2g oral granules is a prescription medicine used to treat bacterial vaginosis in adult women.
How should I take SOLOSEC?
SOLOSEC is a single-dose therapy for oral use. Use SOLOSEC by sprinkling an entire packet of SOLOSEC onto applesauce, yogurt, or pudding. The entire dose should be taken at once, and finished within 30 minutes. Avoid chewing or crunching the granules. SOLOSEC should not be taken by dissolving the granules in any liquid.
Important Safety Information
- You should not use SOLOSEC if you’ve had an allergic reaction to secnidazole, other ingredients of the formulation, or other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Before taking SOLOSEC, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Breastfeeding is not recommended. You should not breastfeed for 96 hours (4 days) after taking SOLOSEC.
- Vaginal yeast infections may occur with SOLOSEC and require an antifungal treatment.
- Take SOLOSEC exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to. Do not take SOLOSEC more often than it is prescribed.
- The most common side effects of SOLOSEC include yeast infection, headache, nausea, altered taste, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and vaginal itching.
Call your doctor for medical advice on side effects. You are encouraged to report suspected side effects of prescription drugs to FDA at
www.fda.gov/MedWatch also at 1-800-FDA-1088 or contact Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at 1-844-SOLOSEC (1-844-765-6732).
Please click here for full Prescribing Information.