WHAT IS SOLOSEC?
SOLOSEC™ (secnidazole) 2g oral granules is a prescription medicine used to treat bacterial vaginosis in adult women.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- You should not use SOLOSEC if you’ve had an allergic reaction to secnidazole, other ingredients of the formulation, or other nitroimidazole derivatives.
- Vaginal yeast infections may occur with SOLOSEC and require an antifungal treatment.
- Long term use of SOLOSEC should be avoided as it is unclear if there is a potential risk of developing cancer while taking single-dose of SOLOSEC to treat bacterial vaginosis.
Before taking SOLOSEC, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. You should not breastfeed for 96 hours (4 days) after taking SOLOSEC.
- SOLOSEC is a single-dose therapy for oral use. Use SOLOSEC by sprinkling an entire packet of SOLOSEC onto applesauce, yogurt, or pudding. The entire dose should be taken at once, and finished within 30 minutes. Avoid chewing or crunching the granules. SOLOSEC should not be taken by dissolving the granules in any liquid.
- The most common side effects of SOLOSEC include yeast infection, headache, nausea, altered taste, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and vaginal itching.
Call your doctor for medical advice on side effects. You are encouraged to report suspected side effects of prescription drugs to FDA at
www.fda.gov/MedWatch also at 1-800-FDA-1088 or contact Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at 1-844-SOLOSEC (1-844-765-6732).
Please click here for full Prescribing Information.